Bowflex Pr1000 Home Gym Review Of Features, Price and Workouts
The purpose of this article is to provide you as the reader with a complete and unbiased Bowflex Pr1000 review so as to enable you to determine if the equipment is for you, in case you are in the market looking for a viable workout equipment option.
Bowflex became a major player in the fitness industry. With its first machine in 1986, it has since introduced several models designed to target individual objectives, specifications and the size of buyers’ wallets. Since exercising for health and fitness is a growing trend today in our society, the use of Bowflex equipment like the pr1000 has been a major part of that trend. They have a lot of home gym equipment like the bowflex selecTech 1090 dumbells that can augment your routines with extra workouts.
In a hurry? You can go directly to amazon to check on the equipment by clicking the link below . But if you have time, you can read our complete review for more information.
Click the item below in the table below to see your most pressing topic, or continue to read the whole Bowflex pr1000 home gym review
- 0.1 The role of exercise machines in our lives
- 0.2 How do you determine which home gym system to buy?
- 0.3 What is a home gym and Why have an interest in a home gym?
- 0.4 Disadvantages of a public or membership gym
- 0.5 Why The Bowflex pr1000 home gym is an alternative.
- 0.6 Why would someone want to buy the Bowflex pr1000?
- 1 key benefits and main Design features (PROS)
- 1.1 CONS
- 1.2 Customer reviews:
- 1.3 Specifications
- 1.4 Available Exercises:
- 1.5 Where to find the best price for the Bowflex pr1000 home gym
- 1.6 How does the Bowflex pr1000 fair with Assembly and Maintenance?
- 1.7 Where can you Buy the Bowflex pr 1000 to get great deals?
- 1.8 Does the Bowflex pr100 come with a warranty?
- 1.9 Final thoughts.
There are many advantages that the Bowflex home gym system has over other types of workout machines. Compared to other very good home gym systems the Bowflex pr1000 home gym machine delivers a comprehensive all-in-one solution allowing you to perform exercises that affect every muscle group in your entire body and very appealing to a budget and space-sensitive consumer.
This is all accomplished using a single machine which is also small enough to fit in many homes. Why not use this to your advantage and read this Bowflex pr1000 home gym review to get all the facts about this home training equipment.
This article is going to provide, you as the reader, a complete picture of the equipment and some of the details that make this home gym system unique.
We would talk about its main features and benefits, available workout routines, pros and cons, maintenance and pricing.
We are going to provide you with a lot of details to make it easier for you to determine whether it is the right kind of home exercise machine you would like to have in your home.
The role of exercise machines in our lives
It is evident that constant exercise plays an important part on our health and the way we feel about ourselves. We achieve this by finding the most convenient and comfortable way to obtain regular exercise. There are several exercise machines today in the market that are employed to achieve our desired results, and one of them is a home gym system.
How do you determine which home gym system to buy?
While it is good to read the editorial review by the manufacturers, the best way to determine if a product is what you are looking for is to read reviews of individuals who have used the product and have given unbiased review and opinions about it because they have been in the trenches to experience the “good, the bad, and the ugly” of that product.
So We are also going to provide you with some of the Bowflex pro 1000 reviews of actual users. But we also want to give you a word of caution when it comes to exercise routines. I don’t know how old you are and what you are trying to accomplish should you purchase this Bowflex home gym system.
You might be healthy and might just want it to keep fit, or you might have problems with your weight and want to use your machine to exercise and cut down. You might also have some health problems and might want to have regular exercise as part of your recovery.
It is recommended you follow the instruction provided and whether you have some health related concerns or not, you should consult with a health professional.
What is a home gym and Why have an interest in a home gym?
A home gym is a designated spot in your home where you have a machine or a couple of machines for the sole purpose of having routine exercises. This can serve as a replacement for a public gym. It is usually located in a spare room in the home, a garage, or if space is limited, can even fit in a small location in one of the rooms. Usually, they are very small practical exercise equipment that is easy to move around and store.
Those of us living in metropolitan areas are familiar with gymnasium or gym. A place where you go and register to become a member where you would be coming to do regular exercises by paying a monthly or yearly membership fee.
You would then have access to a variety of exercise machines to perform different routines based on what you are trying to accomplish in a particular workout because they have several workout equipment and several routines to meet different goals.
It is good to become a member in one of them if you don’t mind paying the fees and have the time to go there regularly because it has a lot more equipment variety. But there are some drawbacks that can hinder the consistency of your exercise routines.
Disadvantages of a public or membership gym
- You might not have the time to go to the gym maybe because of distance or weather condition.
- You may have a day with a packed schedule and your ability to make it to the gym and back can sometimes be. impossible.
- The weather can be so bad that you might not be able to make it to the gym at all.
- Use of the gym equipment is mostly based on a first come first serve basis.
- You drive for a long distance only for you to come to the gym to find out that it is full and
- You cannot use the machine of your choice.
- You are required to pay your monthly membership fee.
- Your monthly fee is not based on how many times you use the gym equipment.
- You have to pay the fee regardless of availability or use of the machine
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have your own home gym? The only drawback that it has compared to the public or membership gym is the small investment of a hundred or even thousands of dollars depending on the size, cost, and variety of the equipment. Here comes the Bowflex home fitness system.
Why The Bowflex pr1000 home gym is an alternative.
If you are someone who is very busy or want to have a means of having to not only make use of your time but also have some convenience when it comes to your daily workout routines, then you should take a look at the Bowflex pro 1000 home workout machine which has exercise variety and workout options to meet the qualifications of a home gym that can be accomplished in the comfort of your home.
It is one of the most affordable, efficient and versatile body workout equipment that is available for home use. It is a piece of equipment that is easy to use and is particularly suitable for all ages, whether you are more seasoned or a nominal user.
But before purchasing any kind of workout equipment you must have some objectives in mind to accomplish during your workout routines like strength and endurance training, total body workout or cardio and so on.
That mindset will help your figure out the kind of machine to buy. I figure you are reading this blog because you are thinking about buying the Bowflex pr1000 or need more information to use in making your decision as an informed consumer, which is a good thing.
Why would someone want to buy the Bowflex pr1000?
Being able to fit in any home and providing a complete workout area, this home gym system has a lot of advantages and key benefits.
key benefits and main Design features (PROS)
Top design quality with emphasizes on user comfort
- The machine is built with high-quality steel and composite components. It is very durable and can withstand wear and tear.
- The body is being made of steel construction, and a non-skid base, coupled with a patented pole made of a composite material that would not snap or kink gives this equipment additional durability.
- While the steel frame provides stability when exercising, the specially designed rods ensure smooth movement during exercise with no risk of injury which is commonly associated with a low-quality equipment.
- The Bowflex PR1000 home gym provides an excellent means of strengthening your muscle mass and also provide a little bit of cardio training to the mix, which includes over thirty strength workouts and also an integrated rowing station.
- Designed with a 200 pounds of shear power resistance, this very versatile machine aids in working the arms, abs, shoulders, back, and your lower body. Included is a triple-function hand grip used for lat pull down.
- For leg extension, it has four inch upholstered roller pillows and a horizontal bench press. The rowing machines rail is designed to drop immediately you complete your exercise routine.
- One of the key features of this machine is the that it uses Bowflex’s trademarked power Poles, which offer weight or resistance and provides a feeling that is as good as or even much a lot better than free weights and does not have inertia or potential wrist pain that is usually associated with barbells.
- The Power rods are so strong, you could flex them consistently and cannot be worn out.
- You can hook 1,2, 3, 4 or every one of your Power rods to the wire pulley system and also go from just five extra pounds completely up to 210 extra pounds of pure resistance.
- They are specifically produced from a high-tech composite product under the best quality control procedures, after that, covered as well as evaluated 4 different times to guarantee quality and also longevity.
- Gliding Seat Rail designed to add aerobic rowing training to burn calories, cardio warm-up and also cool-down (very useful for leg presses as well as seated leg extensions).
- Multiple use Hand-Grip and Ankle Cuffs developed to add versatility as well as efficiency to any kind of exercise.
- Exercise poster with exercise descriptions for very easy references while you are working out. You don’t have to be thinking about the kind of routine to perform because there is a placard featuring different kinds of exercise postures and description.
- A Variety of readily available exercises: 30 plus. With over thirty different exercise routines are available on this device, you have different possible combination or individual workouts to try daily and you will never have a bored moment that can be caused by repetition.
- For leg extensions and leg curl, it has 4″ upholstered roller cushions horizontal bench press.
- Triple-function hand grips for lat pull down.
- The Built-in cardiovascular rowing machine provides a unique way for improving blood circulation, cardiac strength workout and burning a lot of calories.
- Can be folded for very easy storage.
- With the recommended workout area for this machine being 100 x 78 inches, and a bit large and heavy, it may not work in small apartments or rooms.
- Cannot be upgraded to 300 pounds.
- Has no lateral bar for butterfly exercises.
- Requires owner to assemble.
- It is large and heavy and needs a larger workout space although foldable
- Height: 81″ (205 centimeters).
- Length: 84″ (213 centimeters)
- Width: 38″ (97 centimeters).
- Minimum Workout Area: 100 x 78″ (254 by 199 centimeters).
- Optimum User Weight: 300 lb (136 kilograms).
- 210 pounds of the Power Rod resistance.
- Calf Raises
- Seated Hip Abductions
- Leg Presses
- Leg Extensions
- Leg Kickbacks
- Seated (Resisted) Abdominal Crunch
- Trunk Rotations
- Stiff-Arm Pulldowns
- Narrow Pulldown
- Seated Low Back Extensions
- Seated Lat Rows
- Reverse Grip Pulldowns
- Incline Bench Presses
- Bench Presses
- Decline Bench Presses
- Front Shoulder Raises
- Seated Shoulder Presses
- Scapular Retractions
- Crossover Seated Rear Delt Rows
- Arm Exercises
- Wrist Curls
- Standing Biceps Curls
- Triceps Extensions
- Triceps Pushdowns
Users have very positive things to say about this machine when it comes to reviews. They have given mostly satisfactory outcome with an overall rating of 4.5 stars from over 500 reviews .
One of the customers who already bought the equipment said that in terms of quality, he was surprised about the quality of the machines, and that it is “very sturdy and well made”. After using the exercise equipment for three months, it holding up just as it did when they just had it. This endorsement is echoed by most users in their reviews
However, a few complaints have been made about its weight limitation that can only reach 210 pounds and not enough for a serious body builder or weight lifter. But the answer to this concern is to increase the rep size instead of the resistance itself.
Since we are in the computer age, Some buyers complain about the absence of an instructional DVD. But I guess they are not satisfied with the placard which fully explains how to safely use the machine.
Another satisfied customer said that she was able to lose 35 pounds using the Bowflex pr1000 3 times a week with only thirty minutes workout with dieting.
For more customer reviews you should go to amazon.com
Where to find the best price for the Bowflex pr1000 home gym
As someone on a budget and at the same time looking for a machine that would give you a total body workout and affordable, the pro 1000 from Bowflex is your ideal choice. Although this is not the cheapest workout machine in the market, this home gym system is a great value for what it can accomplish.
At under 375 dollars at amazon, this machine can take your workout to another level because of its over 30 exercise option. It is as close as you can get to the public gym as it would offset your gym cost which would require a membership fee and/or monthly subscription.
How does the Bowflex pr1000 fair with Assembly and Maintenance?
This equipment comes in a boxed package with a dimension of 54?L by 34?W by 9?H (137 by 86 by 23 cm). With a box weighing a bit more than 131 pounds (59.4 kg), it is not a small package and should best be transported by more than one person. Also, the machine being rather bulky would need to be assembled on the location where it would be used.
Generally, the process of assembly is not very difficult as the manual provides a comprehensive and straight forward direction on how to assemble each part although this might take a couple of hours to accomplish as it has a handfull of parts to be assembled. The package does not come with tools so you are going to need a Phillips screwdriver and an adjustable wrench.
It does not require much maintenance and all that is needed to keep the equipment in good working condition is to keep it clean. You would need to examine all the connection points prior to being put to use. If your desire to perform any exercise that would utilize the seats, you would have to make sure the gliding rails do not contain any foreign matter that might destroy the rollers
Where can you Buy the Bowflex pr 1000 to get great deals?
There are many locations locally and on the internet where you can buy this machine. There are department stores and other retailers online. The machine is heavy and your location and distance can vary the shipping charges, so you should factor in shipping cost when comparing prices.
But one obvious place to buy one is on Amazon.com because you can read customer reviews and they have good customer service also, you can buy the pro 1000 using amazon prime because it has great deals for members, especially when it come to shipping .
They also have an assembly service although I would not recommend it because it is very pricy. Most people assemble it themselves or ask for help from family or friend.
Does the Bowflex pr100 come with a warranty?
Regardless of your purchase location, the equipment is covered by an extensive warranty. The rods are covered for five years, the frames for one year and parts for sixty days
The machine is a great piece of equipment considering its price/quality and service ratio. This Bowflex pr1000 home gym review has outlined several features of this device including its advantage and disadvantage with the former outweighing the latter. It provides over 30 workout exercise options to enable you to build your muscles coupled with very intense workout routines.
Setting up a home Gyms can cost a lot of money and can take up a lot of space but because of the thirty-plus different routines that can be achieved using the exercise machine, it becomes very attractive for a space-sensitIve customer who needs a large exercise library.
But this machine has some limitations, as to the exercises it can be performed with, like any other exercise machine. Ther is never a one size fits all. If your goal is to have butterfly exercises, this is not for you because it does not have a lat bar.
But if you are serious about taking your exercise to the next level with total body workout then this machine should be a good investment for you and you should check it out on amazon.com.